- There is no such thing as passing negative
through links. It is positive or null.
- A higher
does not automatically mean higher ranking, other factors such as relevancy and trust prevail.
- Pages disallowed from crawling in a
, because other website pages can still point to these.
- Don't implementing a soft 404 (i.e., a 'Page Not Found' returning a 200 http status code) hoping to preserving link juice links pointing to deleted pages on your site. Other signals will neutralize such backlinks and algorithms won't pass
anyway. Besides, soft 404s make it harder for Google to remove deleted pages from its index.
- Old domains with high
will not preserve such
when transfered to new owners if content or backlinks are removed or changed.
- Top level domain names such as
don't pass more link juice by default than other TLDs.
- The history of a web page's
is not important, Google algorithms don't hold grudge or good memories of
, however some algorithms make take time to reflect changes in
- 'By linking to other websites you are giving your
PageRank, you should only link to your own pages'
, this is not a recommended practice since it degrades user experience and they may not return to your website, search engines will notice this behavior indirectly and lower your website's rankings.