- If you want to disavow links to several subdomains of a main domain, you need to submit a disavow file for each subdomain.
- Once you have disavowed some links, you cannot influence the rate at which crawlers will revisit the pages containing those links, since you don't control these sites.
- The sooner you disavow problematic links, the better, be proactive.
- Disavowing a site covers both
versions of the URL.
- If several spammy links come from the same website, don't be cherry-picking, consider disavowing the whole site.
- Links from non-spammy, but irrelevant sites, don't harm your rankings, you don't need to disavow them.
- If a link is disavowed, then its anchor text is ignored too.
links don't harm your rankings, but if they are coming from spammy websites, they could be changed into
links, therefore, consider disavowing them preventively.
- Duplicate entries in a disavow file are not an issue.
- Unexisting URLs in a disavow file are not an issue.
- No human begin is involved in the disavowing process.
- Submitting a disavow file does not trigger a manual review of your site.
- Google does not read notes in the disavow file.
- When you move a site to a new domain name and implement some redirects, consider moving the disavow file to the new domain too.
- Think twice before removing entries from your disavow file, such links could come back.
- Disavowed backlinks can still appear in Google Search Console.
- Google works proactively to neutralize spammy websites, however, it does not mean it will catch all spammy website pointing to your site.
- Disavowed links impact many algorithms, not only Penguin.
- It is not because someone disavows your website that Google will interpret this as a negative ranking signal
- Disavowing a domain also disavows all subdomains.
- The more specific rule (longer URL) overrides the less specific rule (shorter URL)
- Wait a day or two after you have submitted your disavow file before sending a reconsideration request.
- You don't need to have disavowed 100% of your problematic links, but you need to show a good faith effort.
- Google must believe that if they remove the penalty, you are not going to create spammy backlinks to your site again.
- All reconsideration requests are quickly reviewed by human beings, if it takes times, then it means Google needs to proceed with further verifications.
- You cannot overcome a penalty by getting more good links only.